What is WatchMojo's policy on copyright infringement?
WatchMojo is NOT a user-generated content and/or video file sharing website. WatchMojo showcases professionally-produced premium content.
As a producer of content, we respect the rights of other content producers and expect others to respect our copyright.
- WatchMojo produces content and publishes all of the WatchMojo-produced and owned content with the WatchMojo Branding Elements (an opening and closing bumper and watermark in the lower right area of the video). When you see those branding elements, those represent WatchMojo's videos.
- WatchMojo.com also displays professional content from our partners in their respective video players. The rights holders to these videos have given WatchMojo the expressed written permission to display this content in our Video section. When you see videos on the WatchMojo.com Video section without the WatchMojo Branding Elements, then these represent content from our partners.
- Occasionally, WatchMojo's writers may embed in our Blogs section a video from various services and content sources. WatchMojo writers make their best efforts to only embed content from the accounts and channels of the rights holders, but it is possible that on rare occasions, some of the embedded videos in the Blogs section might violate the intellectual property rights of others. When the latter is the case, the content is embedded under Fair Use, but we respect and understand that some content owners might prefer that we do not embed the video.
What measures do you take to prevent copyrighted material from showing up on WatchMojo?
Since there is no mechanism for outsiders to publish content on either the Video or Blog sections on WatchMojo.com, it is impossible for pirated content to be uploaded by users. If a video appears on our Blogs section and violates your copyright, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the embedded Video promptly.
Furthermore, WatchMojo writers do not upload user-generated content.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
This policy is intended to implement the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. Section 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. It is the policy of WatchMojo (the "Company") to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, their agents, and representatives. Users of any part of the Company computing system are required to respect the legal protections provided by applicable copyright law.
I. DESIGNATED AGENT
The Company's Designated Agent to receive notification of alleged infringement under the DMCA is:
Attn: Copyright Agent
5413 Saint Laurent, Suite 200
Montreal, QC H2T 1S5
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, Company will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA.
II. COMPLAINT NOTICE PROCEDURES FOR COPYRIGHT OWNERS
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay of the processing or the DCMA notification.
III. NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN
Procedure: It is expected that WatchMojo writers and editors do not embed copyrighted material. However, if the Company receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity provided all such claims have been investigated and determined to be valid by Company in Company's sole and absolute discretion. Company will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received.
IV. REPEAT OFFENDORS
Under appropriate circumstances, Company may, in its discretion, remove access of Employees who are repeat offendors.
V. ACCOMMODATION OF STANDARD TECHNICAL MEASURES
It is Company policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures it determines are reasonable under the circumstances, i.e., technical measures that are used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works.